A random selection from the writings of Bahá'u'lláh
best places to start are marked with a star.
A Bahá'í Faith Page
Arts, Music, and Performing Arts
Music and Performing Arts
"We, verily, have made music as a ladder for your
souls, a means whereby they may be lifted up unto the realm on high..."
Amame - Palabras Ocultas
de Baha'u'llah by Leonor Dely © 2001 Insignia Records
Insignia Records proudly presents its latest CD release by artist Leonor
Dely, one of Colombia's finest singer/songwriters in an album containing
songs with Baha'u'llah's Hidden Words gracefully put to music. The songs
showcase not only the talent of Leonor but that of the whole Millero
Congo family, some of Colombia's and the Caribbean's most versatile
and resourceful percussionists and musicians
Doug Shaffer Project - "music for Bahá'ís and
seekers! An explosion of rhythmic Pop (in the best sense of the word).
With rock, soul, and reggae influences, exploring both the celebrations
and struggles of the believer and the seeker."
to a track from this album with RealAudio.
Records - Promoting Unity in Diversity through music. Amity Records
produces a wide range of music genres and represents many international
artists who consistently strive for excellence in their work. Our featured
artists are MimosA
and Farzad. (Together
they perform as Bella
Canto. see and hear in Quicktime)
- ARKA - Chilean based Bahá'í
- Arts for Peace - for Bahá'í
artists and communites looking for artistic resources. "This website
will present artists with the opportunity to submit and borrow content
of plays, skits, lyrics with Bahá'í themes and principles.
It will allow all to see schedules and information of artists..."
- "Artists of Québec for the ARC" - original music
of several Bahá'í artists of Québec
- by Matthew Levine, CD's and other Merchandise available. He offers
"A House Divided" from the CD by the same name as the worlds
first international anthem. Online Sales!
Information, Basic Tenets, Original Music, Prayers"
- Bahá'í inspired
music and lyrics for the higher self - Loaded with original songs,
music and art. by Jim Styan
- The Beat - Universal Arts
is an ensemble of dancers, actors, musicians and poets coordinated by
choreographer, writer and director, Kamal Sinclair Steele.
- Dizzy Gillespie - Bahá'í Jazz Ambassador. Three audio
programs remembering his life and work.
- A Dress for Mona - a play
written about the young Bahá'í martyr, Mona Mahmudnizhad.
Mona's story is one that touches the hearts of those who hear it. Included
on the site "The True Story" features two complete historical
accounts of Mona's life as well as Photos and links to other resources.
- JuSticE LeEg - "fruitful
trees and shining stars" - Bahá'í-based hip-hop
- Insignia Music - Just
out on Insignia Records, Embrace the World Vol. I
- Insignia Records - "Artists
for the Arc" cassettes, and new albums coming! (formerly WorldBeat
- JenaCD - CDs to be used for Three
Core Activities of the Five Year Plan.
- Journey Within
- music CD from a Vancouver, Canada band - "the music is of a spiritual
nature and is very relaxing"
Locke - "known throughout the world as the pre-eminent player
of the indigenous traditional Northern Plains flute, as well as an inspiring
Hoop Dancer, storyteller, educator, and recording artist."
- The Kevin Locke
Native Dance Enamble - Performance, Contact and Booking Info
- Lisa Janti - features CDs of
the Baha'i Writings by Lisa Janti. "Baha'i Prayers - At the Sacred
Threshold", "The Seven Valleys of Baha'u'llah" and The
MERZ - musical group from the UK,
featuring lead singer Conrad Lambert
Music & Songs
- by the Bahá'í
- Music for the Soul
- a collection of songs featuring prayers and sacred writings of the
- NationWide Network
- Mobile Counseling, Conflict Resolution, and Small Group Mediation
Services (for music groups).
- new world ambient music - synth-pop and cyberfolk music by Christopher
Ireland Bahá'í Choir
- The Phil Morrison Trio/Duo
featuring Keith Williams is not your typical jazz trio. What distinguishes
this group from others are the strong vocals of pianist, Keith Williams
and their message-oriented material." CD
- Oraea Varis - (singer/songwriter/performing
artist) CD Sales
- radioNUR - provide a place where
Bahá'ís and their friends can tune to hear music inspired
directly and indirectly by the Writings and Teachings of our Faith.
CD's from radioNUR Records radioNUR
is the only full-time, internet radio station featuring the music of
recording artists from around the world with Bahá'í themes.
- Red Grammer's Home Page
- "award-winning singer and songwriter with a clear golden voice
and a vision"
- Skylark Publishing Company
- A Baha'i inspired publishing company focusing on anger management,
boundaries, authority of self, women as heroes, protective behaviors
for children; offering books, posters, CD's, DVD's, cassettes.
- Stage adaptation of The Seven Valleys - "Designed and tested
for professional presentation to the general public, it presents Bahá'u'lláh's
mystical work through music, drama, dance, singing, drumming, beautiful
silk costumes, sets and calligraphy. Performed by the Quinn family,
it is a unique integration of art and performance."
- "Sound of Unity" - Bahá'í Art group in Turkey
- Tender Seedling (Nahale Tazeh)
- a full recording of Bahá'í Children prayers in Persian
available on CD and Cassette Tape.
- Tribal Global - This is a call for cultural ecology and diversity
through drum-infused music
- Words of Widom - "The Holy Writings of the Bahá'í
Faith inspired the production of Words of Wisdom, a collection of eleven
songs using the words of Bahá'u'lláh, 'Abdu'l-Bahá
and the Báb. Each selection is intended to inspire our hearts
and enable us to focus on the uplifting meassage revealed in the sacred
tests of the Bahá'í Faith."
- Wildfire Dance Theatre -
is a social and economic development project that uses the arts to explore
issues and circumstances relevant to our world. Wildfires moral
development curriculum furthers the messages shown on stage, using interactive
discussion and activities in classrooms and communities by challenging,
educating and motivating students to strive for solutions to these pressing
- World Citizen Promotions: Call for Bahá'í musicians
in Canada - they're making a CD and want your music on it!
- World Citizen - Jeff and Scott Ward are two Metis brothers who send
their positive message to all youth of the world, addressing the problems
of Humanity through performing Rap and Dance music. The messages in
their songs are inspired through the Bahá'í Writings.
The brothers express the Oneness of Humanity, Religion, and the Creator
in their songs.
Village - music band with original Bahá'í music